Regulator assembly for the Prestolite AMA5104UT / 10929868 and AMA5103UT 60 Amp, 28 Volt alternator used on many Military vehicles. Regulator P/N AMA2004AS. Alternate p/n 35-605, 35-790, 5730138, SAW-11808666. NSN 2920011808666. Made in USA.
Will not fit 10929868 alternators made by Sielman S.A in Hellas (Greece). For this model see
regulator p/n 1M-6001.
After installing this part, test the charging voltage (alternators output voltage) at the batteries. 27.6 Volts is the correct setting. Adjust regulator as required. Contact us if you need further assistance.
This model has flat spade connectors. Does not fit early Prestolite units with round pin connectors.
- Wire #1, Ignition - connects to a terminal block pin internally which has the Ignition lead externally.
- Wire #2, Field – connects to diode splice near positive rectifier (covered with sleeving).
- Wire #5, Battery, Positive – connects with ring terminal to output stud on terminal block.
- Case (housing) of regulator MUST be grounded to battery negative. Do not operate without regulator being attached to alternator and properly grounded.
- Wire #3/4, optional not used on all alternator models. Ignore this terminal if no wire is present.